Isn't this interesting and more than a little scarey.

Vaccines: Swine Flu Vaccine Risks, Dangers

"Department of Homeland Security officials are declaring that any disease outbreak is a matter of homeland security. In some states ... doctors have persuaded legislators to quickly pass pandemic influenza legislation that will allow state officials to enter homes and businesses without the approval of occupants; to investigate and quarantine individuals without their consent; [and] to require licensed health care providers to give citizens vaccines."
http://www.wanttoknow.info/health/vaccines_swine_flu_mandatory

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And people have been saying that this wouldn't happen..... where's all the naysayers now. Some of us said months ago that it would come to this and we were called paranoid right-wingers.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Pace, remember we are always the "crazies" lol. Then when the crap hits the fan it is then Bush's fault! LOL!
    Click on the first two PDF's it is messed up! Enforcing house arrest bracelets. They are not this strict with sex offenders! I am not getting the shot neither is my son. I will gladly not go ANYWHERE, if it meant me not getting this barely tested vaccine!

http://www.cdc.gov/search.do?q=florida+quarantine+non+compliance&btnG.x=0&btnG.y=0&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&ud=1&site=default_collection
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I'm pretty sure this article is being written from the angle that if someone had the Swine Flu and REFUSED to quarantine themselves and could potentially infect others, that a "forced" quarantine and vaccination could occur. And yes, that IS scary!

I think for once I will pull the "anti-vaccine" card and tell anyone wanting to force the Swine Flu vaccine on my children, that I think vaccines caused my children to have Autism (when I know it didn't), to avoid having to get it.

I'm responsible enough to keep my children home and to deal with a potentially life threatening illness head on, and not ignore the warning signs. This whole situation is due to the lowest common denominator not doing the same, and too many people being dependent on the government to help them.

Just My Humble Opinion, of course! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• In Massachussettes, Non health care personel can enter your home without permission & vaccinate. they can remove minor children from the home & vaccinate. Adults can be jailed for refusing vaccination.

I think it is terrifying that the Government can tramp all over our Constitutional Rights. I see a revolution in our future.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Do you mean "Scary"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have been thinking about this and wondering about something that doesn't make sense to me. Lets say you get H1N1 and are in the middle of the illness, wouldn't it be too late to give someone the vaccine for something they already have? Their immune systems are already compromised because of the illness, and now they go and inject you with more (even if it's dead - so they say), wouldn't that reek more havoc with your system than just letting you recover without a vaccine?   I thought they had to get the vaccine in you before any incubation period began to make it effective? 

And I agree, that if they force people to take this vaccine - that is very scary.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well, they can kiss my behind. My 10 yr old has the swine flu right now. The vaccine will be useless...even if I was planning to give it to him. For the record, his best buddy that lives 2 houses down is almost recoverred. It is the flu...stay home and do the same thing you do with the regular flu!

Yes, this creeps me out. I also find it a hilarious that so many people used the term "conspiracy theorist" on those of us that predicted this. It is interesting how loud the howls can be among those non vaxing libs.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• QuinnMae, my boys pediatrician said the swine flu vax will get here too late. The flu has already swept the country. It will be pointless to vaccinate after the fact because they will already have immunity built up to this strain.

I don't know why they are pressing this forced quarantine/vax thing though. It kind of worries me. The flu has been here for months and is no more deadly than the regular seasonal flu. Why are they doing this now?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If anyone enters my home and tries to take my kids to inject them with something, it will be over my dead body!!!!!!!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• In some states, like Massachusetts, public health doctors have persuaded legislators to quickly pass pandemic influenza legislation that will allow state officials to enter homes and businesses

They make it sound like this has been passed in many or at least several states when in all actuality I'm not sure if the governor of the MA has signed it yet, though he said he will. It's worth thinking about but there are plenty of states that have no intention of instituting this controversial and unconstitutional law. People will fight back over this. Prime lawsuit material. Not sure what the point of this is, scare tactic, jus going to far or a real precursor to what will be?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2009