belly button

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I haven't asked one for awhile, so I think it's ok lol

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, could i get my belly button pierced ? I'd take good care of it and clean it every day and follow directions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ask your dr, because they don't recommend getting piercings or tats while pregnant, most shops wont even do it.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would wait till after you deliver. Your belly gets so big that it could mess it up because it would be newly pierced. That and a friend of mine never took hers out when she started showing and hers got pushed out. Now she cant get it redone and it looks gross. But i took mine out when i found out i was pregnant and I'm going to have it redone in a few months.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• from past experience im preg with baby4 now and all my pregnancys my bely button has stretched almost so its an inside out one lol am sure yr baby means more than a peircing lol treat your self to it after the birth you will deserve it then lol xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I don't think you can get piercing while pregnant and like someone else said your belly button pops almost inside out and it would mess it up and could even push the pircing out. I'd wiat til after I had the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• id wait till after i had the baby ,that would be the smart thing and like some one else said most shops wont do tats or pericing while you are preagnant,.
    lilmami316

Answer by lilmami316 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• As your belly grows, your innie could become an outie and become infected if pierced before birth. My suggestion is to pierce something else while you wait for your bundle of fun. I got one in my nose. ;)
    smokythebear

Answer by smokythebear at 1:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2009