how would you feel?

i went to a baby shower today? and the lady was really rude....like when she was opening presents she would give these looks like you knew she didnt like what she got..one of her friends sent her a gift in the mail and she opened it and complained about how it was wrapped then said how she totally hated the blanket that her friend made.and that she didnt know what she was going to do with it..and after that asked where some of us got the things so she could take it back to return them......and before some of us left she said well if i didnt like your gift ill talk about it and your when you leave which she was saying that towards me....shes been rude to me since i was really sick and was staying in i never went over to tell her thanks for checking my mail while i was gone....and she complained how i was in the lead on winning the games and didnt want me to win the big prize so i didnt try so hard for the last game

SPC.armywife

Asked by SPC.armywife at 4:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I would stay away from the hag... I don't like people like that.
    It's sad really, because if you think of it, people who act like that end up alone, they drive everyone away with their crappy personality. Don't let it get to you though hon, some ppl are just like that.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• op- i still one a small surprise and she complained about how my kid was eating in her daughters room when my daughter wasnt the only kid eating and plus my daughter had a cookie the rest of the kids had a darn popsicle....i felt like i didnt belong and i left right after i wasnt going to stay and get treated like crap for much longer
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 4:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Go over and thank her for checking your mail for you. Then leave her alone after that. If you see her and she says hi or talks to you, talk to her. Do not go out of your way to be around her though.

Answer by louise2 at 6:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Complaining about gifts? isn't it the thought that counts. I would very nicely send her a " I forgot to thank you for getting my mail" card and I'd seriously keep my distance. She's nuts, and her bieng pregnant is no excuse for bieng so verbally rude. We've all gotten gifts that we hated. you just smile and accept it with a "Thank You so Much.... This is Great!!" and then re-wrap it for the next person...lol( just kidding). But seriously she was totally rude.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2009