Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

supervised visitation

My child's father and i both agree supervised visitation is in order, is there a way to do it without a court order???? Anyone know of a place that does this or should i seek an individual...... i live in dallas tx and can not afford 55 to 75 an hour a week

Answer Question

Asked by lindnrenn at 4:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Its better with a court order because i belive that with the court order you dont have to pay for it and i think its child services that come out durring then. But if you have family around you could have them there. Other than that im not sure.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Well, depending on the reasons for the supervision, you don't need an outside party to supervise. My parents and I were the ones to do it when my ex would visit my kids. However, I have to highly recommend a court order for it. Without a court order, it's your word against his, and vice versa. With a court order, there is no question about what is supposed to happen.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 8:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • We have a place here that works with the courts. As I understand it, if it is court ordered, then the parent having to be supervised is the one that has to pay for it (if there is any cost). I know I wouldn't rely on the trust of a parent to keep following the agreement, especially if that parent is the one that can't be trusted with my child. Get a court order, you're taking the law into your own hands, and it usually does you little good and causes more harm.

    Answer by PaceMyself at 9:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • You can agree on someone outside the court.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.