supervised visitation

My child's father and i both agree supervised visitation is in order, is there a way to do it without a court order???? Anyone know of a place that does this or should i seek an individual...... i live in dallas tx and can not afford 55 to 75 an hour a week

lindnrenn

Asked by lindnrenn at 4:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Its better with a court order because i belive that with the court order you dont have to pay for it and i think its child services that come out durring then. But if you have family around you could have them there. Other than that im not sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well, depending on the reasons for the supervision, you don't need an outside party to supervise. My parents and I were the ones to do it when my ex would visit my kids. However, I have to highly recommend a court order for it. Without a court order, it's your word against his, and vice versa. With a court order, there is no question about what is supposed to happen.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We have a place here that works with the courts. As I understand it, if it is court ordered, then the parent having to be supervised is the one that has to pay for it (if there is any cost). I know I wouldn't rely on the trust of a parent to keep following the agreement, especially if that parent is the one that can't be trusted with my child. Get a court order, you're taking the law into your own hands, and it usually does you little good and causes more harm.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• You can agree on someone outside the court.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009