Chicken Nuggets

Is it just mine, or is every kid obsessed with chicken nuggets??!
My daughter could eat chicken nuggets for all 3 meals!! Is there a really good kind to get (health wise) or are they all about the same? We just get the Banquet brand @ Fry's...

She cracks up when we tell her shes going to turn into a chicken nugget! hehe :)

davesgirl86

Asked by davesgirl86 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup, all kids love chicken nuggets. Mine is going to turn into a corndog though! I think maybe the healthiest would be for you to make them homemade, and bake them in the oven. But while your at the store, check the calories and fat content on each different brand, and go for the lowest.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son loves chicken nuggets as well. I once found a brand at Wal-Mart that was healthy but I can't remember the name. I remember it was from Canada though. However, the healthiest chicken nuggets you will find are made in your own kitchen. Here is how to do it. http://www.ehow.com/how_4836192_prepare-homemade-chicken-nuggets.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art#

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Not mine. My oldest is almost 15, she wasn't too into them either until around the age of 4, but only about twice a week could she deal with them. My little one, will eat chicken strips or nuggets about once a month. Any more often, she spits them out. I started my kids off with regular table food (seasoned adult food) around 9 months. That is the only reason I can think of that they aren't too keen on plain foods. God forbid I try to go to a McDonalds. lol There is NOTHING my toddler will eat except salad. Yeah, salad. I made a greek salad the other day, she kept stealing my lettuce yelling Mmmmmmmmm with every bite. lol I have strange kids, admittedly. :)
    Now, once my older one got into nuggets, I made sure I bought the no preservative kind. If you let your kids eat nuggets, or hot dogs, etc, I would suggest no preservatives. :)
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 6:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• lol I am 19 and i could still live off those things haha. Thats all i get when we go to a drivet hrough lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My kids like them but they prefer other stuff. My 3yo was begging for fish sticks the other day but our Costco stopped carrying them (they were real fish, not the minced up leftover bits like other fish sticks). She just kind of munches on the chicken nuggets. My 6yo would rather have fish sticks, too. Half the time when I make chicken nuggets she eats just one and wants a sandwich.
    We get whatever Costco has at the time and always bake them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son loves them, he will be 3 next month. I buy Tyson's, I prefer them myself!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No, she is not big into meat, she loves veggies! She is mommas girl!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My kids wouldn't eat a chicken nugget if you paid them to. We have told them that 1. There is no such thing as a chicken nugget and 2. If you wanted to eat food out of a box, we would just make the box, way more nutritional value to them.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2009