Has anyone ever been excluded by friends?

I have 2 friends who I introduced to each other who have become very close in the last few years. I am feeling left out and hurt because these friends never include me in their plans and rarely spend time with me anymore. When I am around them, I feel uncomfortable. I feel like I should just let go of them rather than continue to have my feelings hurt all the time. Anyone been there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• There is a saying which I like very much: "If you are the only one putting effort into a friendship, it is time to let it go." I have come to know that most friendships are only for a season. They simply don't last for as long as we would like them to. So maybe it's time you let these two go and look for some new ones.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have never had this happen.But I can give you my opinion. Just leave them alone. Sense you feel like a third wheel when around them. Sorry for your loss.

Answer by louise2 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think most of us have been there. I was going to say "Who HASN'T been there" but then I saw Lousie's answer.

Anyway, the best thing for your mental health is to just let go. You don't have to end the relationship, but you're going to have to accept that they have grown closer to each other. It stinks because friends are not easy to come by, but you'll make new friends. You can try to make plans that you invite them to, or just invite one out at a time, and hopefully rebuild your friendships. If this come across as "trying too hard" then it could put them off even more.

Honestly, the very best thing to do is to be the bigger person and just be happy they are so close.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2009