new mommy ! scared!

My son is two monthes old. His leg twiches uncontrolably.it looks like the needle on a sewing machine. Its disturbing. What is going on? His dr appt is thurse and ill bring it up then but i just wonder if anyone here knows. He was premature if that matters. It does this randomly throughout the day and last about 30 secs. I asked early but didnt get much help.

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 7:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter did that for four months. The doctor just told me she would grow out of it. She is 11 months now and doesnt do it. I just chalked it off as her growing. He should be growing out of it soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Make sure you take a video of your baby for your doctor to see because inevitably she won't do it at the doctor's office. At least that always seems to be the case at the doctor's office with me. My first thought would be seizures BUT I certainly have no idea and it is only a thought.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• my son did that for a while too. Get a video of it and bring it up to doc. With my son it was nothing if that helps :) good luck
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 9:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Your babys nervous system is still developing and that is what causes the twitching. With my son it was his arms that would do that. I freeked out but the doctor told me that was nothing to worry about. He is 4 months old now and hasnt done it for about a month now. But bring it up to your doctor if you are still worried about it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• its just his muscles...they are growing and that is what causes it....hes just growing...he wont do it after hes a little older(4-5 months) hell grow out of it.....hes body is using the muscles becuase he cant yet....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2009