quick question

what would u do if ur daughter was mad at u like mine is

williamswife522

Asked by williamswife522 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• 3 is definitely old enough to implement time outs. Yes, she will be mad about it, but you have to give it time. EVERY TIME she hits you, firmly tell her, NO, we don't hit. Now you need to have a time out. Stand her in a corner, or sit her in a chair that you designate for time out. She will yell about it I'm sure, but let her know, that the reason she is in time out is because she hit you. Tell her that hitting hurts, and is not nice. Praise her when she uses other methods to express her frustration. It's not going to be easy, but if you don't start using some sort of discipline, she will continue to think it is ok to hit you. The average is 1 min for each year of age, so at 3, many people implement a 3 minute time out. If you've never done time outs before though, you may want to start with 1 min, or something. If you notice that she seems like she is about to hit you, remind her. We don't hit, and if you do, you
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ummmm, you want to add anything to this? Maybe give us a hint about how mad she is & what she's doing to show how mad she is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• shes really mad at me but thinks her daddy has nothing to do with it

i think she mad at me bc im the olny one shes hitting and she never hits
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• She's not mad at you; she's testing you. Dads tend to have that "scowl" or growl in their voice that lots of mommies don't have. They're bigger and gruff-looking to children I think... I know they love their daddies, but all of us saw our dads as tough (and we didn't wanna mess with him). Mommy is different, she soft and gentle and accepting and forgiving. Put your foot down, get a tough tone in your voice and make her stop this.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i try to but she doesnt listen to me she just hits over and over again
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• she is hitting you? thats not good momma something drastic needs to be done..........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• she just dont listen to me she listens to her dad
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• um, lots of factors missing, how old is she? why is she mad?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• she 3 and bc she want to be the baby in the family and bc she doesnt want a baby sister

so bc im the one having it shes mad at me
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• This is normal behavior, but you can't let her get away with it! She's 3, make her listen to you. If she hits, you tell her we don't hit and put her in time-out. If she gets up before her time is up (3 min. max), then put her back and start the time over again and keep doing it until she stays put. Once she stays for her 3 min., make her apologize & then she can get up & get a hug or run or whatever.....until the next time she hits. You may spend an entire day doing this, but it is totally worth it because she will figure out you are the boss, not her, and she will stop hitting you and begin to listen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009