my furnace is out

what i usally do is just warm the place up in the morning and it stays warm all day. is it bad to put my oven on for 45 mins to warm the place up until i get it fixed thuresday? i dont knw what to do but we are warm with closes and blankets for now.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 8:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yes, you can put the oven on (let it heat up good and hot before you open the door) - then sit a fan in front of it to distribute the heat. In the winter time, when I cook in the oven I always let the heat vent into the house to help with the furnace bill. Just block off the kitchen so kids and animals can't get near the oven or oven door.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• thank you. :)
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• This is the reason why we keep portable heater in our closet. The just in case moment. You must be up north. Cause in SW Oklahoma it is not cold enough to use the furnace yet. At least to me it's not.

Yes you can use the oven.

Answer by louise2 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I ran my oven on a cleaning cycle the other day because I was cold (DH hasn't done the maintnace on the furnace yet). The oven needed to be cleaned anyway. It warmed the house up nicely.
    Anonymous

• Yep, we have a few small electric heaters and a portable heater in the house for that reason.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am constantly baking something in the winter. Keeps bordem away, leaves great snacks in the house...and best of all, heats the place up!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2009