what should I do about my leg pains?

I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant and lately I've been waking up with pain shooting down the backs of my legs. It hurts really bad but there is nothing I can do except wait for it to quit on it's own. It has done it a couple times but now when it does the next day my legs hurt so bad i can barely walk. anyone know what this is or what i should do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if this is happening when u wake up, have you tryed a full body pillow to sleep on? i no it sounds stupid but im nearly 20 weeks preg and have been like that for since i was 3 month and invested in body pillow it is amazing how much it does to me im so comfortable but when i wake i just have a little ankle stiffness now but that may be from my lovely dog who likes to lie on my feet lol
    hope this helps as i no how bad this can get , good luck xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• drink a ton of water and eat lots of fruit. try stretching alot too. if that doesnt help ask your doc
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• eat bananas drink water and when the pain comes flex your foot towards your shin. Hold it there and it will go away. If you or your SO can reach it put pressure and massage it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Bananas bananas bananas!! and lots of fluids!!! Good luck hope you feel better soon!!
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009