Whats the deal with walkers?

I keep hearing they are "bad" for babies but no one ever really says why. I am wondering what is wrong with them...other than stupid people letting their kids fall down stairs in the them, are they really bad for their development in any way?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All 3 of my children used walkers and had no problems with their development. I think the problem comes with parents that leave babies in them all the time. If a baby does not have the chance to move around without the aide of a walker then they will be slow to develop. Just like anything else, they are perfectly fine if they are not used as a baby-sitter.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• From what I've read, babies can injury themselves by running over the feet. I bought a saucer from Walmart for my daughter. It's similar to a walker but with no wheels. The baby sits in the middle(just like the walker) and there activites all around them to play with. And it has a seat the spins around and it also can bounce
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Dont' you know that EVERYTHING in this world is dangerous to babies these days lol. Things were sooo much easier when my kids were little, a lot less paranoia
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2009