How much juice per day?

I try to give my 7 mo old at least 4-5 oz of diluted juice (about 1/2 juice, 1/2 water) at least once a day but she seems thirsty sometimes and so I will give her more. I have heard more than 4 oz is too much but if its diluted isn't it ok to give her maybe a 4oz bottle in the morning and one in the afternoon?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my sons doctor said that for the first year no more then 4oz a day. if you are watering it down then as long as the juice its self is no more then 4oz then your fine so 2 4oz bottles is fine if half of them is water.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Plain water is just fine for a thirsty baby...No juice is needed until 12 months (PP is correct about the amount) but if she is thirsty, maybe she needs more milk/formula?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Our pediatrician said that while juice wasn't needed, if we wanted to give it to give no more than 8oz diluted juice per day (4oz water, 4oz juice total)

We also didn't put it in a bottle....but then they were on a sippy cup at 6 months and the pediatrician told us not to start juice until 6 months anyway...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I only give juice if my dd is having hard poops. I only give about 2oz apple juice, 2 oz water.
    she is 7 months and has had juice twice I think
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009