What's a good way to loosen chest congestion?

I had a hysterectomy last week and have now got the sickness that is going around. I'm getting no sleep and just feel like crap! I have coughed so much that everything is sore and my ribs and chest are killing me! My chest feels really tight and I am coughing up junk. I can't get into the Doctor til tomorrow, so I would like any suggestions of things to try for some relief.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Health

• Warm honey and lemon, or honey whiskey and lemon, then sit in the tub with the shower on so the steam can loosen the phlegm. I developed pleurisy after I had my hysterectomy and was in soooooo much freaking pain, I thought I was going to bust my staples from coughing so much. My doctor gave me some liquid loratab medicine so my muscles could relax, quit coughing and I could get some sleep.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 1:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Lemon Juice
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• sit in the bathroom with the shower running on hot. The steam will loosen your chest up. Also you may want to call the Dr that did your Hystoas this could be from the anesthesia during surgery. Pneumonia can set in quickly after surgeries. Hope you feel better soon.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would try mucinex!!!!
    3isenough4me3

Answer by 3isenough4me3 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• chop a clove of garlic, mix with honey. don't have more than one raw clove a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2009