28 Pregnant Women Die From H1N1. i'm a little scared!

"There have been about 100 pregnant women admitted to intensive care units and there have been 28 pregnant women who have died from 2009 H1N1."

who's pregnant and getting the swine flu shot?? i'm scared to get it because its so new... and i don't even take tylenol because i don't want to harm my baby. also one thing is i already have a weak immune system & then i have a asthma and it gets really bay in the winter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you work or go to school or frequently go to places where you could get it? If not, you shouldn't get the shot. You have to weigh the pros and cons...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Just more fear mongering by the media. Consider that there are well over 100,000 women preggo in the US right now. 28 dead from H1N1 is less than .01% of all preggo women. TRY not to worry yourself needlessly. It's not good for baby or you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• how many pregnant women have died from the flu? how many have died in car accidents? try to relax. this is a big world with lots of pregnant ladies. :) i am not getting any shots for sure. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• That's 100 women admitted and 28 deaths in 6 mos. because of this virus. How many women die annually from the flu? Not H1N1 but the standard flu? I am sure that the numbers are higher than 28.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• H1N1 is not all the media hypes it up to be. It is just as dangerous as the flu that goes around every year. People die from that as well it is just that it happens every year in different strains and we are prepared with a vaccination. H1N1 snuck up on us. They have a vaccination now ask your doctor if you can get it. That would be your best bet to ease your fears. Praying for you.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yeah; you've got to look at the big picture. Think of all the pregnant women in the US at any given time, then compare that to 28. Oh, and there are NO statistics of how many pregnant women die from seasonal flu; I wonder why they didn't track that??? Hhhmmm . . .

I know; it scared me at first, too, but just be smart and wash your hands and try to stay healthy. I also heard it's almost all women in their 3rd trimester due to less room for their lungs due to the baby.

I got a nasty sinus infection when I was pregnant with my son -- high fever, antibiotics and all - and you can't find a healthier kid. People put way too much pressure on pregnant women to be so damn healthy and scare them when they're not. Relax!
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 10:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• im scared too, its not a smiple matter. i just try to stay as clean as possible.....hand sanitizer in my purse at all times, if im not carrying my purse my DH puts it in his pocket for me....if anyone is sick they arent allowed at our home until they are completely better....just be precautious...
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 11:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009