landlord question

if my landlord tells me i have 30 days to leave because i just had a baby and now there are too many ppl in my home and she just told me before our lease is up she says i still have to pay her rent and come up with another 2000 to move at least should i? is there any thing i can do for her terminating the lease? it was a 6 month lease and we moved in 4 months ago and she knew i was preg and she still had me sign the lease

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Is she telling you that you have to pay your rent through the end of your lease? As in for the next 2 months?? Even if you move? I am really not sure of the laws, but you have rights too. Look up the landlord tenant laws in your area, or call the fair housing board, hopefully they can give you some information. It sounds like the landlord is trying to pull a fast one IMO
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think you definitely have a legal leg to stand on here. She knew, or should reasonable known that there would be an additional person added to the lease before it was up. Any judge would side with you.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no shes just telling us we have to pay week by week until we move out we have to come up with 225 a week and save money to be out in a month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Call a lawyer.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Does your lease tell you the max # of poeple for the house? Who all is living there? Is it just you, your SO and children?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Contact your local renters’ rights office. The laws vary by municipality.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2009