39 weeks and a little freaked out

on friday i saw my doctor and she said everything seems fine and the heart rate was good. she also said that if i stopped feeling the baby move to drink a tall glass of water/juice and lay on my left side to try to see if she will move. she also said to do this for an hour. i need to go pick up my little sister from school soon but i plan on doind this after i pick her up because i dont remember feeling the baby move alot yesterday and i haven't felt her once today yet. i'm strating to freak out but i don't know if i'm just nervouse because my doctor happened to mention this and now its in my head. she had no concern just letting me know. i know if i dont feel her move in the next couple of hours to call the doctors but i go to a clinic and they don't have any direct line or answering service for my doctor. if something is wrong, should i just asked to speak to a nurse. i'm not too sure if this is ok.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as you get closer to your due date they dont move as much because they dont have much room.but what your doctor is talkin about is to see if your baby will move 10 times in an hour.not every hour all day.the water/juice makes is suppose to make the baby move.just count every kick and stretch until you count 10 times.juice n water didnt work for me so i drank a 20 oz botle of soda boy did she go crazy in my belly.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• please calm down b4 you go into labor.go here and scroll down under you see movement in 3rd trimester.http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/move-it.aspx
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP
    thank you so much for the advise. i'm going to go lay on my side now to see what is up.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• With this last pregnancy I noticed he really didnt move one week hadley at all and I ended up having him 9 days early and with my second she was 2 days early and she moved only a little here and there but more like only 3 times a day or just at night but only for a second They just say when ur gonna have him/her within a week or so they do that
    Anonymous