H1N1 for infants...

My husband told me that he dosnt want me to get it for my son. But im not sure what i want to do. I was told before the the death rate of infants that get it is about 70% But at the same time there is a couple going to court because they are charged with neglect for not getting it for their child. Im so confused on what to do. Did you or would you get it for your child? What if your child is only 4 months old?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 10:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my child is 4 mths and she is not getting the H1N1 vaccine. In my opinion they have not studied it enough. The first sign of swine flu came out this year and they already have a vaccine for it!!
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I didn't think you could get it for infants under 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think its too new. I wouldn't get it for my infant. Not sure if this is the same as a regular flu shot, but you can't get a regular flu shot until 6 mos old. If your baby gets sick, take care of her. If she gets the flu, or the H1N1 flu, and you take proper care of her, she should be fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Would I get this shot for my son? No.
    If your baby is only 4 months they can't have it anyway, they have to be 6 months and older.
    And the other things you said... 70% death rate... that isn't true at all. And why would anyone need to go to court for not getting a vaccine? The vaccine isn't even out for the public yet.... so how could they have gotten it unless they were part of one of the trial studies? And in any case, I don't think you can be charged with neglect for not getting a vaccine... it's a personal choice.
    For my son, he will be getting the regular flu shot this year.... but not the one for H1N1, I think the risks of the vaccine are greater than the risks of the illness.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009