Looking my age

Im back on the dating scene but guys my age or older think im too young! Im sick of them asking for myID. Ok im 23 but i look 16. I wear my hair curled it comes to my shoulders. Im 5'2 125lbs. I dress casual. Don't wear make up just eyeliner and lipgloss. What should I do to look more like my age? Should I just not worry about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• It might not be the way you dress but maybe it's just you look young. I'm 26 and I still get ID'd at the movies. It has nothing to do with the way I dress but I just have a young looking face. I have learned to be grateful that I look so young because once you get older it becomes complimentary
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Yes, the way you dress says a lot, but you could just have a youthful appearance. I also look young for my age, so SOME people say. I think i look my age though. My boss, who was not the one who hired me, thought i was a teenager when i got the job at 25. Then i brought my DD to work one day, & he was looking at me like "WTF!" Then he asked how old i was, & he was so relieved when i told him my age. He thought i must have given birth when i was 12....lol!

Some guys like that though. My SO is 40, & LOVES the fact that I'm young, & even look younger. I wouldn't worry about it. You'll find someone who appreciates everything about you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am 27 and I have people mistake me for a 19 yo college kid. They are always very surprised to find out that I am married and have a kid...and older than they expect. A lot of times hairstyle can make a big difference in how old you look, maybe try uploading your photo into a makeover site and play with some different looks to see if that helps.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 11:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Never put a front you are not. Just be yourself and the right one will come along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Let me tell you something, in 10-20 years or so you won't be complaining when someone tells you that you look young! I'm 47 and have been told that I look 35 (sometimes I feel like 135)!
    Kathy772

Answer by Kathy772 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Shop at the loft, when i was younger i remember calling it the mom store. When i got my first "big girl job" i shopped there so they would take me seriously. It takes the guess out of what to buy since the whole store is more mature. Then wear a little more make up you don't have to get crazy with it just a little blush mascara and colored lip gloss is fine oh and curl your eyelashes! Try some accessories buy a nice watch(not necessarily expensive) or pretty necklace. Do something with your hair even if it's just a ponytail. You have curly hair so even that will look cute. Oh and wear heels more. Even if they're the real little ones. I hope this helps good luck finding a man! :)
    Anonymous

• I was carded until I was 39. Is the problem the bartender or the potential dates?
    Anonymous

• I'm 36 and still get carded. Don't worry about it! It's not a big deal what anyone thinks, and as you do get older it will be a bonus that you don't look it.

Answer by missanc at 1:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i'm 35 and looked 19 until i met my SO 3 years ago. He's 9 yrs younger and i've aged 10 yrs since we got together. I also gained about 30 lbs. Stay away from young guys....
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009