Homewrecker? How so?

If a married man steps out with a single woman, the woman is labeled a homewrecker? How is that possible? The man is married and should have said no and removed himself from the situation. Why is the single woman to blame? She did nothing wrong...the cheating spouse did...AND, even if she knew about the marriage, the MAN still cheated and didn't put her off. (this works the same if it were a woman who was married)

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• It's the "She knew he was married" that makes her a home-wrecker. I don't think anyone would say that the guy is without blame, but if she knows he's married and take an "I don't give a damn" attitude then she is voluntarily wrecking his home as much as he is. She's a home-wrecker, he's a cheat. That's always been my criteria for rather or not the other woman should be pistol whipped (metaphorically speaking) - did she know he was married? If she did, she's scum; if she didn't, she's probably a naive fool and a victim.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If the woman didn't know about him being married or in a relationship then she is not a homewrecker-if she knows he is then hell ya she is a homewrecker. It's a 2 way street-he is a piece of crap and she is a homewrecker. Listen to the Gretchen Wilson song called "Homewrecker"-she explains it very nicely in there ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• THEY ARE BOTH WRONG, IF THE SHOE WERE ON THE OTHER FOOT. A woman should respect her self enough, and the other woman to stay away. He is being a dog, and she needs to let him run loose.

If the woman didn't know and she was being lied too, she is not at fault.

THEY USUALLY LOVE THE BOTH OF YOU, IT IS SAD-WOMAN NEED TO LEARN TO STICK TOGETHER. HE WILL CHEAT ON YOU TOO. ;)
    FEMALES STOP GOING AGAINST ONE ANOTHER, MY EX WOULD TELL THE WOMAN, IF I KNEW ABOUT ANOTHER WOMAN, HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SEE HIS KIDS. BLAHHHH, WHAT A LIE, AND IN THE END, I LEFT HIM.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• UNTIL THIS DAY HE IS A DOG, AND THAT WAS 11 YEARS AGO, HE IS CHEATING ON HER AND HER BLAH, BLAH. ONCE A PLAYER ALWAYS A PLAYER, AND FOR THE ONES WHO DID GROW UP. GOOD FOR YOU.
    I AM RAISING 3 DAUGHTERS I HOPE THEY ARE SMARTER THEN THAT, I WILL TEACH THEM THE ROPES.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• The term is used because women need someone to blame other than their cheating spouse. Whether she knew he was married or not he was the one to say the vows. He would be known as the homewrecker.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• When she knew it makes her an enabler to the whole situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• You cant blame someone else for poor judgement. Peer Pressure is something that you learn at an early age. No matter what.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My definition of a home wrecker is the person who KNOWINGLY has a relationship with a person who is married. 

The person who IS married and pursues a relationship outside of the marriage is a COWARD. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If she knew he was married then she is just as guilty as he is. She is participating in something she knows is wrong. In turn, she's party to destroying a marriage and another woman. If she doesn't know he's married then she isn't at fault. But a single woman with any integrity and self respect would tell a man she knew was married to go eff off...not jump in bed with him.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• women are smarted and should show better judgement then that. Men are just stupid cavemen that can't wipe their own a** and so it is up to the woman (as in every situation in life) to make the better judgement call.
    Anonymous