Did you find out you were pregnant with a Drug Mart preg. test?

I've had 7 faint positives using Drug Mart One Step pregnancy tests over the past 10 days. But I've also done a few Dollar Tree tests and they came out negative. So I am confused.

I've been reading online a lot about this the past few days and read that many people don't trust the blue dye tests (like the Drug Mart one). The Dollar Tree is a pink dye test.

Did anyone find out they were pregnant with a Drug Mart One Step (or other) blue dye test?

I don't know whether to believe the faint positive results since it was a blue dye test and since the Dollar Tree (pink dye) one was negative.

Ohio-mom-of-2

Asked by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Generic of EPT is what I used.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I used whatever HPT was cheapest
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i went to the hospital and got a free pregnancy test.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I had ended up taking 5 because they all had faint positives. I ended up going to the doctor and found out I was pregnant. Usually if it's any kind of positive then your pregnant. Get one of those that say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" They will give you a clear definative answer.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thanks for your responses! I guess what I really should have asked is...Did anyone find out they are pregnant using a "blue dye" test?

I tried to edit my question but it wouldn't allow me to. (I am new on here. Not sure how things work.)
    Ohio-mom-of-2

Answer by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i think the one steps are more sensitive than the others :) not sure, but maybe it says in the directions what levels they pick up. ? i think you are pregnant! i hope i am right. :D especially since you had so many positives. i think the problems with blue dye tests is that if you wait too long a negative will look positive . but if you had a few, and you looked at them in the time it said, you should be pregnant! in a few days you can test with a pink dye test and see :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I got a faint positive the day I was supposed to start my period using one of the Equate brand tests from WalMart for $4...then a few days later I took a Dollar Tree test and it was negative and then the next day took another Dollar Tree test and it was also negative. On the 4th day after I was supposed to start I bought a Clear Blue test that actually says Pregnant or Not Pregnant on a little digitla screen (test was $8 for two sticks).
    I don't think the Dollar Tree tests work very well unless your farther along and have more hormones in you system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i used cheap tests and got accurate results
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 11:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I got a negative result on FRER and EPT digital this am . So I think the blue dye (Drug Mart and Dollar General) tests were false positives (9 of them!).
    Ohio-mom-of-2

Answer by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2009