Might be dumb, but can sperm live through a period??

So-if I had unprotected sex a 2 days before my period-get that period (lasts 4 days), and my fertility window begins exactly 6 days after that episode of unprotected sex-can sperm live for 7 days in the tubes?

Just wondering if that is possible since the sperm are in the tubes and not the uterus when its shedding?? Is this scientifically impossible??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, unless you had fertile cervical mucous.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Even if they are already in the tubes? They don't survive in the tubes...I thought that is where they hang out....Ok, thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Usually they only last up to 72 hours
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no, sperm will die before 7 days, but be careful if you dont want a baby. ;O)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i actually just asked my doc the other day about this and its impossible to get pregnant when your on your period cause the reason why you bleed is because there is skin shedding off of your cervix or something like that when its that time and you need it to be roughin order for the sperm to latch on i swear that is the truth i just didnt describe it well
    singlema27

Answer by singlema27 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2009