help i had a dream last night that my dead mother and i were listening to a radio and the announcer said i was going to die in a year

i started crying and screaming and my mom who passed away unexpectedly years ago in my arms told me to go see Dr.lee which is weird because she's my husbands rheumatologist I'm so freaked out am i really gonna die in a year

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dreams are your subconsious' way of prepping your body for stress...they don't necessarily mean that what happened in the dream is true.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I"m not one to take dreams like that lightly. I'd at least go see the doctor just to be sure. And do my best to take care of myself. Truth is, we don't know when things are going to happen to us, so we need to live each day to the fullest!
    Maybe you were missing your mom last night, and she was on your mind. Maybe that fear of dying was in your subconscious as well since you say she died suddenly.
    HUGS to you sweetie....that must be scary for you!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Another thing is that when I have 'those' types of dreams it is usually following a day that I have thought alot about that particular subject...

Like DH asked if a certain co-worker was going to be at a work function and I said no...that night I dreamt about that person.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Death in dreams can mean the ending of a phase in your life and the beginning of a new part. For example a college student who will be graduating in about a year will sometimes have dreams of death. Any sort of ending and beginning is usually what a death dream is about. It is not a bad thing. The fear you are feeling may be from the worry over a shift in your life.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• In dreams our tiniest fears are amplified.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2009