What do contractions feel like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bad menstrual cramps, but with more whole body involvement. It felt like of like heat radiated around my back to my belly. Just try to relax and focus on your breathing. :) That is what helped me greatly.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• very bad menstrual cramps. or like when you need to go to the bathroom/diahreah but you can't make it to the toilet so you have to wait. :) the pain is very manageable though imo. :)

actually my stepmom told me that the foot/leg cramps she got while pregnant were worse then contractions. i thought she was crazy. but i also had bad foot/leg cramps while pregnant and now i have to agree with her! the difference is that the foot/leg cramps are short-lived and contractions, while short, and with short rests in between, last for hours and hours. :) but with contractions, at least you know the point and that the pain is your uterus working to get your baby out :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It was the worst pain I have ever had. Yes, it's like when you have diarrhea, but can't actually go. It hurts like hell... why sugar coat it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i'm anon 11:13 and i wasn't sugar coating it, it was very painful but manageable. everyone is different! :) some feel no pain at all. not me, it was painful for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Mine was pressure/fullness feel and like I need to have a bm when you are consitpated. As they got more intense it felt more like really bad cramps would feel.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 11:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP here, I have been having cramps like menstraul cramps for a few days but I only have a couple a day. Does this mean that i am in labor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• For me, it was like the worst menstrual cramp you ever had x 100.
    Kathy772

Answer by Kathy772 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP if you only have a couple a day they are probably Braxton Hicks
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• you will know when you are in labor hon, the contractions will be a set ampount apart and get closer together, not random as you are having now. also with tru labor the pain radiates towards the back, with braxton hicks they are all in the front.. with false labor/braxtom hicks lie on left side and drink alot of water, if they stop-false. if thye continue, call ob and ask nurses.
    when in doubt always call. good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I couldn't tell you, they had to tell me when I was having a contraction because I didn't feel anything, my stomach tensed up though, that's it, runs in the family I guess, my mom didn't have pain either with her first and dilated to10 cm at home without knowing she was even in labor she felt nothing. with the next 2 she felt it though, so I probably will not be that lucky with this one.

Anonymous