How many inside pets is "too many"

Not taking into consideration whether they can afford the care of all the animals. But only thinking about the cleanliness and room that all the pets take up.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• depends on the owner and how well they can keep the house clean
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• more than 3!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• When your home starts to smell like it's owned by pets, then that's too many...I used to have 2 rotties in a 450 sq ft home and never did it smell like dog. I also don't like going into a home where they cover the furniture because they can't teach an animal (that really sheds) to stay off of it...my mother is like that, she has 2 beagles and the furniture stinks even though she has always covered them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• LOL I have 2 cats 2 dogs and a ferret, we have MORE than enough lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think 2 or 3 is plenty. Actually probably just 2. After that it just smells, not matter how hard you try to cover it up. I only have one cat and I'm a good housekeeper(thanks to maids too! LOL) And my boyfriend still thinks he can smell that a cat lives here. Also I think that if you live there, it's harder to smell the animals than it is to a guest walking in.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I agree with the PP when the house starts to smell like the pets run the place. Or if you cannot move/ sit because of animals. When my family gets together, we all bring our dogs, so there can be as many as 7-8 dogs running around and when they all flop, it can get challenging to walk across the room.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think it depends on the size of the house and often they clean and also bathe their animals. I have two ankle biters, one of which is practically bald, but the other . . . ugghhh . . . I have to vacuum every single day. She is a black fuzzball and her hair leaves a layer on the carpet. It's gross and I dont' want my daughter getting covered in hair, so I vacuum daily, sometimes twice a day if she is shedding more than normal or if we are having company!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have 5 cats and 1000 sq feet with no basement and 4 litter boxes that I clean EVERY day! no problem
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I had 2 dogs a cat and a bird in my apartment. And anyone that would come over could never tell that they were in the hosue. I keep my house clean. Once a week i would deoterize the carpet even though my dogs were hosue trained. I didnt want my place to smell like a zoo. Now the dogs stay outside and i only have a bird in the house. Cat started spraying so i got rid of him. But none of my animals would come on the furniture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It depends on the size of the home, how often they clean, and what types of animals they are (some animals are cleaner than others).
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009