Screaming baby!!!

I am babysitting an 11 month old boy and he wont stop crying unless you are holding him. There isn't anything wrong with him. He has been feed and changed. He does this everytime I babysit him. I put him in the crib because I figured after a while he would stop but nope......he has been crying for 30 minutes. I go in and check on him and try to sooth him but nothing works! I have two girls and neither one of them acted like this so I am just at a compleate loss. Any good suggestions??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call the mom, and ask her what to do, if you have done what is needed, and tried consoling.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• "I go in and check on him and try to sooth him "

I hope that this doesn't mean that he is in a room all by himself? I would call mom and see what she says
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP here Yes, he is in a room by himself.......he is also in the crib so he can't hurt himself on anything.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• he's probably spoiled by mom holding him all the time that he thinks you need to as well. Sorry, not much you can do about that. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Put him in a sling or keep holding him. Give him what he needs.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

I would say that maybe he is lonely being all by himself...he is not a plant...kids need attention.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP here. I think he is spoiled too and not just by the parents although it is their first child and that sometimes happens with your first. You can't just hold a child all day long that is unreasonable and unfair to the other children. He should be able to play in the floor with the other children but he doesn't. Don't get me wrong I love kids and I love holding kids but it I just can't do it all day long. There are other things that have to be done as well. I am doing it for a friend who has no one else to watch him or else I would say that I can't watch him.
    Anonymous

• amabe he just misses mommy,try running water and let him watch it,put the wiggles on,some kind of music.dont leave him in a room by himself.id cry too
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• or u could lay him on the floor with some toys.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2009