As a Christian, if you went to a book store and someone had done this, would you think it was out of line?

You go to the section of the store to look at Bibles and Christian books and find pamphlets preaching Pagan beliefs to you stuck inside all of the Christian literature. Would you feel that it was disrespectful or rude to imply that what you believe is not what you should believe? Basically, that is what someone is doing when they do that, telling you what they feel you should believe. Would you feel that they were belittling your beliefs?

Jynnifer292

Asked by Jynnifer292 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not wrong at all. Christians try to rub their belifes onto others. So can pagens! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• honestly? I would blow it off. my opinion is if someones faith is so weak that a pamphlet could sway it...they were not really committed to their faith anyways. now as for who did it, thats sad because we all have a right to believe how we choose and thats advertising which seems off to me in the way of religion. BUT another way to see it is, I see commercials on tv a 100 times a a day telling me about various churches-do the pagans, or agnostics have an equal right to feel offended by that?
    interesting question, thanks for waking up my brain :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No,everyone has free will.I would just throw the pamphlet in the trash and go on.No big deal.

Anonymous

• Yes it is childish...there is a section for christian, and there is a section for Pagan. However, with that said, I wouldn't put much energy into getting upset about it as I believe what I believe and a couple of papers will not change that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• it is no different than a hard core christian telling people about God and how to worship Him.american does have freedom of religion after all.
    Anonymous

• See now this is what ruffles my feathers!!! We as christians are told everyday that we must watch what we say and do for fear of offending other religions but no one is ever told not to offend us. Like saying happy holidays or merry x-mas instead of Christmas. It is like saying that it is not ok for us to celebrate our religion for fear that someone might disapprove. I feel we as Christians have earned as much respect as anyone and should feel free to worship without fear of persecution. As to your question, yes I feel that it is totally disrespectful and they should be immediately removed. Everyone should be free to practice the religion they choose and should be able to buy a bible without finding something they feel offensive in it. By the way, my sister was fired from her job because she accidentally said Merry Christmas to a customer. The customer did not complain but her boss over heard her and fired her.

Anonymous

• See now this is what ruffles my feathers!!! We as christians are told everyday that we must watch what we say and do for fear of offending other religions but no one is ever told not to offend us.

I think you missed the point. Pagans don't have pamphlets. I believe the OP is saying this happened to her, in reverse, and found Christian pamphlets shoved into the Pagan section, and would like to know how you would feel if someone else did the same thing to you.
    Anonymous

• Is that any different then the Christians who leave pamphlets on your door when your not home? At our bookstore there is a religions section where everything is mixed together, it would be a pain in the butt to find each christian book and shove a pamphlet in it. They had WAY too much time on their hands. I would just toss it personally, not that big of a deal.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't take it personally, feel that it was disrespectful or rude or that they were trying to belittle my beliefs. I would just assume that someone who was pagan was trying to spread their beliefs, just as Christians often do. Personally, I don't think it is something I wouldn't think it was a big deal.

Sorry, but, I sometimes tire of some Christians who try to push their agendas too. I see more Christians trying to push their beliefs than pagans. And yes, sometimes Christians tell you that what YOU believe is wrong and belittle your beliefs.

For the record, I suppose if I had to classify my own religious belief, I would considered myself spiritual. I grew up Methodist, converted later to Episcopalian and now rarely attend church. But, I do believe in God, I think, and pray sometimes.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Personally, I would ignore it and keep on believing whatever it is that I choose to believe on.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009