What Kind of Books would be good for a 4th Grader

What Kind of Books would be good for a 4th Grader My Nieces is in the 4th Grade and we are trying to get her into Books and reading and useing her Mind and let her see that Reading is a good things and helps your mind grow More too.. Read books Like Huck Finn , and Little Women , Books like that.. That wat she was reading last time.. But If anyone can give me some Iead Please do so.. Her Mom trying to get her into something on her level.... So ladys i am up too any Books Ieads.. I told my Nicece that i would Take her to the libary and get some if i know what to get her...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• the Ramona series, Babysitters Club and Tales of 4th Grade nothing were my absolute favorites!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Judy Moody, Mathilda, Bridge to Terabithia, Clarice Bean.

Anonymous

• I loved the Little House on the Prairie set and am currently reading them with my 3rd grade daughter.

Answer by missanc at 1:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Favorite Books for Fourth-Graders - GreatSchools.netWhat are good books to read to 4th graders? I'd like to read something that is ... What were 4th grade children reading in the first half of the century. ...

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Too-Good-to-Miss Books: Fourth Grade Level

May 3, 2009 ... Too-Good-to-Miss Books: Fourth Grade Level. This list is part of the bibliography Too-Good-to-Miss Books. * = This book is part of a series. ...
    www.monroe.lib.in.us/childrens/booklists/booksgr4.html
    vbruno

• My 10 yo daughter loves-
    Love, Ruby Lavendar- Deborah Wiles (her absolute favorite!)
    11 Candles- Wendy Mass
    Clarice Bean- Lauren Child
    The Babysitters Club- Ann M. Martin
    Amber Brown
    All Sharon Creech

Hope this helps!
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 9:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• try out the website www.readkiddoread.com

It all depends on what her interests are. Let her pick out a few books that she is interested in. Ask her teacher for some ideas too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My 4th grader is into the Bunnicula series. I read all the Ramona books around that age and anything by Judy Blume. My daughter also likes those fairy series books (weather fairies, color fairies, etc...there is like a million of them).
    Judy Moody books are good, too, and Ivy & Bean (which I enjoy reading because they are so cute and funny).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• not quite sure, when i was in 4th grade, i was reading things like Lord of the Rings, Dragon Riders of Pern, and stuff like that.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It is always a good idea to ask the librarians...they are very helpful and I think it is the favorite part of their job! Also they do usually have lists of suggestions at the library....and even have sections sometimes. Have fun with your niece! Sounds great!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2009