im 39 weeks baby isnt moving very much u think there is a problem?

missashoo

Asked by missashoo at 12:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no dont worry unless baby isnt moving for a long time, like no movement after a few hours at a time. at 39 wks there is no room in there for them to move.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Baby isn't going to move a whole lot because theres not a lot of room in there anymore. As long as the baby is moving with in every hour or two everything is okay. If you are still worried call your doctor just to give you some peace of mind.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• No the baby has gotten too big to move around in there... not enough space. They don't move as much towards the end.Probably just adjusts himself for comfort when you're sleeping
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I agree with Bearsjen. =) My son was huge! And I could barely feel him karate kick me or lay "sideways" like he did before. =)p Don't worry, your baby will be here in no time! =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 12:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Nope, probably means you're getting close to labor. The baby slows down a lot toward the last days. Decrease movement at the end of pregnancy is fine....no movement should be reported to your dr right away.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Probably just the baby getting ready for labor. You can always take something frozen from the freezer and put it on the side of your belly for a short time and baby will move away from the cold. This works for Mom's to be who's baby's get their feet or other parts into uncomfortable places inside Mom. Worked every time for me anyways.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Baby is probably coming soon! Do you get at least a few kicks per hour? Decreased movement can indicate a problem occassionally...but more than likely baby is getting ready to arrive!
    Anonymous

• No that basically means u will have the baby in the next few days or week cause with my last two kids that happened and I noticed it. This last pregnancy he didnt move really at all just sometimes and I said I'm gonna havce him early I know it. I had him 9 days early ( 38 1/2 weeks) 8lbs 12oz, lol and my second was 2 days early.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 10:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009