Christian Ministry Between Denominations

In another post I mentioned that Jehovah's Witnesses see other Christian Religions as much Pagan as Wicca and any other religious path. They believe that all religious paths other than theirs are wrong and do as much work to convert other Christians as they do to convert everyone else...

Are their other Christian denominations that view other Christians as wrong? And If so what are they?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• very strict Church of Christ members believe they are the only ones going to heaven. if you arent baptized in their church following their reasoning behind it, you are not saved & will go to hell. ive read books written by CoC members saying that they are the only way & have even heard sermons on it. one time i brought my BFF to a church lock-in & she was told point blank by the youth minister that she was going to hell for being LDS.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Remember that "Religions" were created by MAN NOT God. Try not to let other denominations try and change your faith or beliefs in God or how you worship. ALL religions seem to try and convert people, and say that YOUR religion is wrong, when in fact, we may ALL have it wrong!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am so glad there will be no denominations in Heaven.... We are all God's children and God doesnt look at the denomination you supported and decide if your going to spend eternity with Him or not.
    He looks at the heart and the deeds ( read about the 7 churches) . Did our heart learn to love, did we take care of the poor, the widow, the lame & the sick?
    Most of all did we share HIS LOVE :-) His Love is what will draw people to Him. Not everyone will respond but it is there for the recieving and no church is 100 percent correct but the best churches are the ones whos foundation is on His Love, Mercy and Grace and the message of the finished work of the Cross. Not on what you do wrong but encouraging you to be who you are in Him and that is a child, daughter , son and His beloved bride. Some Churches are too busy trying to tell someone they are wrong they miss the whole point of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Jehovah Witnesses is the religion that Christian denominations say is not Christian. There are some guidlines to be considered Christian....and JW's don't fit.
    Anonymous

• Shaneagle777
    Some Churches are too busy trying to tell someone they are wrong they miss the whole point of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

The bible tells us to correct each other, because some will not keep sound doctrine. There is nothing wrong with trying to orrect each other, and thus studying together. What is wrong is for you to just blantantly say that people (people who try to correct) miss the point of something so important. I think you are missing an important point. Isn't that how it usually goes? Someone comes on and makes a huge judgment like you just did...and the person making the judgment is usually guilty of the very thing they judge others to be.
    Anonymous

• The only other one I know that things only their version is completly right, everyone else goes to hell, is Church of Christ members. Here in AL there are a lot of those churches. They don't avoid other people of different religions or go around telling everyone they are going to hell, but if you ask them straight out, or attend their churches, you hear it. My MIL went crazy when hubby and I got married because we are LDS and she doesn't want us going to hell. What kind of annoys me is I've spoke to my MIL's pastor, and basically he says if you are Church of Christ and were baptised there, you are safe and going to heaven, even if you do not read your bible, keep the commandments, or try to act Christlike.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• BTW our church (LDS) teaches anyone who will listen as well (like the JW's). One big thing we try to stress though is that we don't believe all other churches are wrong, or that everyone else is going to hell, its just they are not completely right. Like we believe in Baptism, as do other church's, but we believe the right way is baptism by immersion.

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Some Baptists (mostly IFB).

Anonymous

• My AOG in-laws don't think all other denominations are going to hell (I think) but they do believe they are wrong, wrong, wrong. They may believe they are going to hell, but they just haven't said it to me. They do not believe JW's LDS or Catholics are actually Christians though, so they may think those denominations are going to hell....

NotteStellata

Answer by NotteStellata at 4:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Shaneagle777

I am so glad there will be no denominations in Heaven....

Shhhh...don't tell the southern baptists that. They're absolutely convinced no one will be there but them. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2009