I Quit smoking around 6 months ago, but am I the only one who

I find it difficult to breath, like wheezing, or am I just sick and not realizing it? Any websites with this type of information, for quiters. yes, I smoked for years.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Health

• Congrats to you! That was a big step :) Its normal for the first month or so to have sligh wheezing and such while your body and lungs learn to adapt without the smoke in their way. But at this point I would definitely go see a doctor. Its not safe to be wheezing and such. Hope the best for you and again congrats!
    chloeannesmom08

Answer by chloeannesmom08 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• As silly as this sounds, don't worry about it, because it is natural.

What is happening is your lungs are healing themselves. One of the ways they do that is by releasing a lot of mucus which has the gunk from cigarette smoke in it. What I mean to say is that they create mucus to help remove the stuff that's in your lungs. That's what creates the wheezing and the sense of breathlessness.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009