i need help with coupons, PLEASE =D

we are having financial trouble, and i would love to do the coupon thing to help save alot of money for my family. i am a navy wife, and other navy wives on my husbands boat are EXTREMLY selfish and wont share thier secrets with anyone. its so lame, and selfish and its annoying.
so i was wondering if anyone here can help me out with it. ive looked on line and i have no printer for it, they say the sunday paper, but i think im looking at the wrong paper.
and please help me with the terms ive heard. like, what is double coupon day? anything and everything would help me and my family out ALOT. thank you in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, in the main, Major newspaper in your area on Sunday there will be a batch of coupons in there. Sometimes(at least in my area) they will mail them once a week with other ads too. As far as the double/triple coupons. Find out what stores in your area do this. There are 2 in my area that double any coupon-(up to 50 cents) and triple any coupon-(up to 35 cents). So you can save a bunch right there. And search out the ads that week and see what is on sale... you can use those coupons on items that are already on sale and save even more! And most stores will have good sales weekly anyway, so keep an eye out. I go to two diff stores each week, but it's worth it!
    HTH~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• well, the sunday paper is good, sometimes one may not have as many as another paper, so get two or three different papers. Double coupon day is awesome!! for instance, I had a coupon for malt o meal cereal, it was on sale for $1.49, i had a coupon for $.075, the store doubled the coupon and I got the cereal for free. Another thing I bought was those baby snacks $1.99 had a coupon for $.050 off store doubled coupon, got if for 1 buck. I also got Viva paper towels for $.020. some stores do double or triple coupons every now and then my supermarket does it everyday, so check w/your market. they only double coupon if the coupon is $.99 or less. oh and use the club card discount from the supermarket. Try to buy things that are on sale and have a coupon. with meats, there are certain days where its cheaper than others & try to use a coupon for that too. Good luck with everything. Happy shopping.
    Anonymous

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• The sunday paper is a good resource, as well as joining coupon trains, or doing trades with other moms. I'd like to invite you to join Baby/Toddler coupons! A group for moms of babies, toddlers, or older kids who use coupons. A place to share coupons, find HOT deals, and save money with other moms like you! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/30682
    We have a new contest going on now... enter to win a bunch of coupons!
    Not only do we have coupons galore... but also all the tips on how to get the best deal, where the latest sales are, and more! Joining a group of moms that are willing to share their coupons, and information, is a GREAT place to start!
    asil

Answer by asil at 5:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2009