dinner

want some suggestions. was planning the menu for the week and realized it was alot of the same old same old. Something quick easy and healthy? And new : )

KatieP.

Asked by KatieP. at 12:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am making chili tonight- perfect for a rainy chilly day!
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• chilli is good but I always find it takes too long after work. Maybe for this saturday.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 12:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My husband loves it when I make this stuff in the crock pot stuff-thats what we actually call it lol!! You get a family pack on bottom sirloin packs aseason it with onion and garlic salt and throw that in the crock pot with abround 3-4 cans of stewed tomatoes!! Cook that until the meat just falls apart-usually 4-5 hours and serve it over white rice!! It's very yummy!
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We are having philly steak sandwitches tonight.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• KatieP...we do chili in the crock pot so it is done when we get home from work. Tonight it is Sloppy Joes, as we are having family over for a bday party.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Tonight we're having Greek honey-lemon pork chops, asparagus, boiled potatoes, and salad. tomorrow night we're having homemade pizza. Wednesday night is the wedding rehearsal for our 2 best friends. DH is best man and I'm maid of honor. Afterwards we're having rehearsal dinner. Thursday is the wedding so I'm sure we'll eat something afterwards. Friday night their coming to our house and I'm making shrimp alfredo.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Tonight we are having a pork and beef roast cooked in the crock pot with carrots, celery and onion. I am also going to make biscuits and au gratin potatoes. Tomorrow will be easy-- left overs and Wednesday will be chili.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OMG I want to go to renea20's house for dinner...lol, We're having baby limas and smoked turkey with mixed veggies over rice out of the crockpot. They've been in there on medium since about 7am and I'll turn them off at dinner time.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We're having chicken breasts and brown rice with a homemade black bean and corn salsa. Last week, I made a recipe that was SO easy and SO tasty, so I will definitely be making that again soon. Here's the recipe:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/creamy-pasta-chicken-vegetables-94230.aspx

I didn't have any precooked chicken, so I just sauteed the chicken in a little olive oil first with salt, pepper and a little minced garlic.

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Have you tried making mini meatloves? I love them, they are so easy tomake and I make them with ground turkey so they are really healthy. My hubby and I love cranberry sauce, so I make mini meatloves with mashed sweet potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce on the side. Its like a Thanksgiving meal on a weekday. Message me if you want the recipe
    CavMamma

Answer by CavMamma at 4:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009