What did you do for your childs birthday when he/she turned 3?

I'm looking for ideas.

Se-Se

Asked by Se-Se at 12:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, nothing to fancy for us..we just had a family get together with some games and playing with her favorite cousin. Then she was not to big on being the center of attention so it worked for us. My son will be three in a few months and he's a whole different child...I hope you get some good suggestions!
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• we just did a family thing nothing fancy here either
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Back then? hmmm Both kids got a Barney themed party. Not sure Barney is popular today.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We didn't do anything very fancy. We live in a small town right now and there isn't anything to do that would be geared toward little ones that age. My parents came up and I had baked a cake, had him help decorate which he absolutely loved, and we just had a good time at home opening presents. He had a blast and we have tons of cute pictures to remember the day.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• He happens to turn 3 tomorrow. We are just having a small family gathering with dinner and cake. Nothing huge. To tell ya the truth, I don't remember what we did for the 3rd bday of our other 4 kids. Our oldest is 23, so that is going back some lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My son will be 3 next month. We are just having a small get together at our apartment!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I invited the grandparents over, put up some decorations, and had cupcakes and ice cream. I had a roast cooking in the crockpot for supper--for those who where still over.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well...my daughters 3rd birthday was just yesterday and her party was Satruday. We did WAY TOO MUCH, but it was sooooooo much fun. We did a tinkerbell/pirate themed party. It was co-ed because she has brothers and boy cousins and almost all her pre-school classmates are boys, so...had throw something in the mix. I found this wonderful wholesale to the public webisite that provides CHEAP Halos, Wands, Pirate Hats, and soooooooooo much other stuff! We ordered some stuff for all of the kids. Then we rented a bounce house (found one that was Tinkerbell), but she wanted Diego (her other favorite) so we went with that! I decorated with all sorts of fairy craft and such which mostly I made cause it's cheaper. I did a "dress up station" for the boys and the girls when they walked in the boys got their bandanas, hats, eye patches, and tattoos, the girls got their nails done, glitter, halo, and wand. Then they were sent to play.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We rented a blow up slide and bouncing house & had a bunch of family and friends over. The kids played while we barbecued. Then we had cake, ice cream & all that jazz.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• (part 2) Then we had a big dinner of homemade food, the kids did a pinata, played in the bounce house and colored. I had made a pin the star on the wand game (like pin the tail on the donkey) and that didn't get played because most of the kids couldn't understand the concept (too young). Then we came in for gifts and cake and ta-da....great party!! It was a fun time! I also bought the "goody bags" from a party store for Tinkerbell and for Pirate themed parties, they had a whole bunch of cute stuff and it was $10 bucks for 8 goody bags. Not too bad. All the kids had a blast and I will do it again next year. Though I won't cook it will be pizza!
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009