Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If i make $700 a month and get $500 CS and have only 2 bills (car and phone), no rent, will I qualify for food stamps and/or WIC?

I have just one little one.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (10)
  • Y do you need foodstamps if that is all the bills you have? Just wondering..maybe Im missing something.

    Answer by ria7 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • OP- I forgot insurance.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • op- I want to try and save all the money I can so I can get my own place. I work so if I'm eligible why shouldn't I get them?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • It depends on your household size, most states have a website that tells you if you prequalify, or you can just go in to your local DHS and apply...... and I agree with you, you work, you make money, so if you qualify, why not? I mean really, I know there are some major bashers on here, but who cares, do what you need to do in order to get where you need to be. ( I think its no ones business but your own if you are getting FS, so just apply and see)

    Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • WIC deffinitely yes. Food Stamps I think so. Do you pay anything where you live? help with bills groceris or anything? if so you have to get the person you live with to say that you contribute a certain ammount every month and then get it notarized. They'll add this in to your expences and you should qualify for food stamps. But as far as Wic.. as long as your child is ubder 6 you get it for them and you

    Answer by Shyma at 12:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • If not many counties have their own form of assistance, we just qualified for a food program in ours. We don't qualify for WIC or foodstamps though.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • I think it depends on your state. When i was working p/t and with my child support i was making about 1000.00 a month and the state of mt only wanted to give me $60.00 in fs. I have SOOO many bills!!! So i went ahead n took the extra $60.00.
    You should at least apply n find out if you can get any. If you need them, u should.
    But what i wanna know is HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET $500 in child support: God, I wish i could!!!!!! :)
    PS: they will also look to see if you are recieving your cs every month to add it in with your income!

    Answer by SylviasMommy at 7:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • You don;t pay for groceries or utilities either? You must be living with family! If that's the case, then it's doubtful you will qualify for government subsidies. You will have to show where ALL of your money goes! Looks like you are able to keep/save enough to pay for food and formula!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Sell the car and drive one you can pay cash for. That should give you plenty of money for food.

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • Not here you wouldn't. As it should be. Stop trying to get free shit. You have to be taking care of yourself here, as in living on your own, to qualify. I hope it is this way in your state, as you don't deserve shit.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.