Clomid?

My stepsister has PCOS and went on Clomid to help her get pregant which she did. I have been off my bc since Oct but I have only had 4 periods since. I also have been having some minor pains in my right ovary that everyone says is ovulation but I honestly thought that you can't ovulate if you aren't having a perios? Has anyone else had a problem with this and tried Clomid and it worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I concieved all three of my kids on clomid. One single and a set of identical twins. I also had very irratic periods. The pain you are feeling might be a cyst. When you don't ovulate, it is like the eggs get backed up in the overy. The overy is making them but the body isn't sending the right amount of hormone to get them released. That is what happened to me. I tried to concieve naturally for about a year, then with clomid for about 9 months, after the first 6 months he doubled the dose and that is what worked. With my twins I also developed a cyst and had to take the clomid. It only took 3 months on doubles to get them.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have irregular periods as well but clomid doesnt make you get your period.. it just makes you Ovulate.. My OBGYN put me on Prometrium first to get my period and then the first day of bleeding is DAY 1 and on DAY 3 -7 is when I took CLOMID.. I am on DAY 24 Now
    Stefanie1115

Answer by Stefanie1115 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I have very irregualr periods...like one every 90 days or so. My OBGYN put me on 50mg (lowest dose) of Clomid and I conceived after ther 2nd month of being on it. So yes, it works! Good luck!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009