THAT STUPID B*TCH maybe TMI

ok now that I have everyones attention..
I just had my daughter on Aug. 23 and I just got my first period and I am bleeding a lot.. is this normal? this is my first child and I have not had sex since after I had her so it can't be a miscarrage.. I just need some reassurance..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pretty much anything is normal with those first few cycles after birth. If you're bleeding so much you have to use a super abosrbency pad every hour or less then you should get in touch with your OB. Otherwise don't sweat it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Mine became really heavy after having a baby. And have stayed that way for the past few years. I guess its my new normal.
    Anonymous

• yes is normla i bleed alot with both kids. as lonas as your not passing big clots or feeling weak you shouldnt worry
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• The first period postpartum is usually very heavy and completely normal dear. Unless your soaking a pad every hour no need to worry, and if you are soaking a pad every hour then call your OGYN just to make sure you are not hemorrhaging.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• man I bled heavy for 8 weeks postpartum all three times. To end up going on heavy dose of hormones to stop it to get my first period after it stopped to spend another 10 days bleeding like a stuck pig. As long as your not passing huge clots or soaking a pad every hour it's pretty normal.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009