Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medicaid Cali..URGENT

I have a family member in Cali who has a daughter who is 2 years old...this little angel has been to Dr after Dr and the mom was told that the little girl HAS to go see an ENT..if she doesn't do that ASAP she will go deaf. This "mother" is stating that she can't take her because medicaid doesn't cover the medical procedure and is trying to get the money upfront from her X husband...

Seriously I don't know anything about how medicaid works but this doesn't sound right. Does anyone know?


Asked by mamakirs at 12:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Health

Level 14 (1,495 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • That's BS. She just needs to go see the pedi and they'll refer her to an ENT. Then she calls to make the appointment and that's that. My DD has been to an ENT and an allergist. It wan't all that hard.

    Answer by Arisce at 3:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • I thought that as long as the primary doc referred for treatment-then it would be covered. She should call her case worker, asap.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • oh the medical procedure is having tubes put into her ears...sorry I forgot to say that

    Answer by mamakirs at 12:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • From what I understand MEDICAID is supposed to take care of that. If I were yall I would call the 800 number or find a district number and find out. Something doesn't sound right there...

    Answer by chloeannesmom08 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

  • we're in OR. and my SIL had to get tubes in her daughters ears, which I am most positive that state medicaid paid for.
    def call and talk to them, or even the clinic should be able to tel by just knowing or checking

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2009