3rd degree episiotomy & severe hemmrhiods after delivery

How did you deal when oyu first had to go poo? AHH! this hurts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you get preperation H to help with the hemmoriods?
    chloeannesmom08

Answer by chloeannesmom08 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• oh man it was the worst feeling ever!!!! did they give you a sits bath when you left the hospital??? i would fill it up with very warm water and it helped relax all the muscles then i would be able to go to the bathroom immediatley it still hurt but not nearly as much! GL i know how NOT fun that is
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Colace stool softeners. I took them religiously for about a month.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Jademom07, I had to do the same thing. I also sat in the bath tub with the hottest water I could stand.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I went through the same thing... It was awful. I actually pooped standing up ( I know TMI) but it hurt so bad to sit down and I was so scared my stitches would rip out. The hospital also gave me a cooling cream to put on my tucks. I had a cooling spray too called dermoplast which was like heaven. I would for sure get some stool softeners like the others have said. good luck with pooping =)..
    Anonymous

• horrible horrible horrible! I was sooo afraid I would never feel "normal" down there after that.. it gets better. I promise you! Just sitting is horribly painful, huh? nobody said anything to me about stool softeners, or these warm baths or whatever..so I just dealt. lol. I can say, "lol" now.. but then it was no where near necessary to laugh. I got dermaplast (which i never used, because they never told me what to do with it), and this little foam called "epifoam". I put that on my pads like 2-3 times a day and it helped ALOT. IF they didn't give that to you, maybe you can ask for some. Sorry I got off track about your question.. I got carried away about what I did for pain. lol.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009