What do you use to clean your floors? Is Pine Sol too strong with its fumes for a crawling baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I use a natures source cleaner or lysol.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Vinegar and water
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I use a swiffer wet jet with their antibacterial cleanser

Answer by gemgem at 1:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I use lysol cleaner, but pinesol is fine.

just make sure you rinse it really well after washing.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I used to use lysol or pine sol- now I have a swiffer wet jet.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I use Mr. Clean or hardwood cleaner. I personally cannot stand Pine Sol. I would rinse it well before letting baby down on it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I use a steam mop. I started with the Shark steam mop, which works, but is a lot more effort. Then I got a Wagner 905 power steamer. I did a little experiment, cleaning all the tiled areas of my house with my Hoover Floormate and Lysol solution. After it dried, I immediately went over it with my power steamer's mop attachment. The pad was white when I started, and turned dark gray with the stuff that the Floormate had left behind. It was amazing how much the steam cleaner got that Lysol and the scrubbing heads of the Floormate had missed, along with the Lysol residue.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I use vinegar and water. Pinesol stinks! It makes my eyes water and my throat hurts whenever I smell it. It seems toxic.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Steam! I wouldn't have it any other way! I am allergic to Chlorine, Pine, Orange and Tea Tree Oil and a few other chemicals comonly used in cleaners... Steam is 100% chemical and fume free and cleans much better than any chemical can!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• use ((((((green works)))))) this is a healthy product for the earth..... it has no harsh chemicals!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009