from bath ring to no ring=toddler having issues

my daughter is over 2, she loves her bath and we still use a bath ring thing, problem is, she is getting pretty big for this, her thighs are 'healthy' and she will not fit at all soon. she has had a few baths at grandmas house with no ring and it is difficult because she is scared, maybe feeling insecure.

best way to rid us of the bath ring and still have her feel comfortable for a fun bath time???????

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Put her in the tub with no water and fully clothed and give her bath toys to play with (have pretend bathtime). Then put her in the tub undressed with a few inches of water and her toys. You can add a little more water each time.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• never would have thought of that = thanks

any other ideas please feel free to add, I may have to try a few things, she is not scared of much, but does act scared when she has had a bath without ring, so keep them coming
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Why not take a bath with her...use your thighs as the support until she starts to get used to the no ring thing?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• also good idea, I have taken one with her with the ring, but will try wihout the ring
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We had the same issue. My daughter also had "healthy thighs". We used the ring as long as we could stuff her in it. Then I looked for a larger replacement, but never found one. She was petrified of the water. I ended up just using a small amount of water and eventually she got used to it. It took a while though. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If you have a rectangular plastic laundry basket, you could put that in the tub, then fill will water. It is of course by no means a safety alternative, but maybe your daughter just likes the closeness of something around her. Good luck! ;)
    Anonymous