a stunt??

Obama Holds Doctors' Summit in Effort to Promote Health Care Overhaul
President Obama is meeting with physicians from across the country Monday -- at least one from every state -- to discuss the urgency of passing sweeping health care reform legislation.

I am willing to bet I can find one physician in each state to agree with anything. Need one to say that shots cause Autism...got one. Need on to say they dont...got one for that too. I really dont thinnk this helped him andprobably took a little more of his credability. It seems like a silly stunt instead of brass tacks....HOW DO WE PAY FOR IT? What say you....stunt or helpful to his cause?

going to give a link from Fox and a link from Msnbc (cover my bases lol) But if you can check out the pic on Fox of the Dr's standing behind him...the white guy Dr. is a little rough looking.....

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So what if its a stunt!!!! WE NEED BETTER HEALTCARE!!! I KNOW MY FAMILY NEEDS IT!!

***

Hope your family can wait, because even if a government subsidized health care program CAN be worked out, you're looking at AT LEAST 3 1/2 YEARS before it BEGINS to be implemented, then, of course, there will be all of the red tape, waiting times, funding, more waiting, denials, appeals, denials, more waiting, substandard care, and more waiting for follow up appointments/care.....
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

All politicans do things like this....ALL...even if there was a republican in office he would do sh** like this too!!!! WE NEED BETTER HEALTHCARE!!!
    Anonymous

• Ummm Anon......I dont mind you having an opinion on my Q.....but whether we need a fix wasn't part of it. Was it too difficult for you to understand? EVERYONE knows HC needs to be fixed. Everyone DOESN'T agree that Obama has the right way to do it. But hell honey, you want to change the subject, how about answering the PAYING FOR IT Q?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• every president has meetings with people to discuss issues going on. we have ALWAYS paid for meetings like this the only reason your complaining about it is because its Obama that's doing it. If whoever you voted for had a meeting with a group of people that (your right) probably already support his opinion you wouldn't care especially if you agreed with whatever issue it was! I just get a little sick of how people pick apart Obama and his family for EVERYTHING he does...It's ridiculous. you have your opinion and that's great but why is it necessary to pick apart EVERYTHING he does? "oh my god Obama drank a beer over the weekend that must mean that he is a drunk who hates America" --- that is what it feels like your doing (way extreme example but I wanted to get my point across

Anonymous

• We do need better healthcare. I don't see why we cannot just overhaul the regulations on the insurance industry (they cannot deny coverage for pre existing conditions and drop people due to illness). Allow people to buy coverage across state lines. Tort reform so doctors are not spending 100-250k a year on just malpractice insurance leaving women without doctors when pregnant. Give incentives to companies that do provide affordable plans for their employees. Also give incentives to companies so they provide things like wellness classes and gym memberships for employees. Give decent tax breaks to the middle class that have to buy insurance for themselves instead of the puny 2500-3500 I have seen in various bills going around. They need real tax breaks. Allow them to deduct 75 percent of their healthcare costs. Find ways to cut waste in medicare there is a ton of waste.

None of it will happen.
    Anonymous

• This is POLITICS and CURRENT EVENTS anon. WTH do you think we DO in this section dear? We pick apart ALL thing POLITICAL. You dont like it....leave. Otherwise (to use a lib favorite) get over it. People on here STILL pick apart what Bush did and he isnt even president anymore. Go play in another section if you dont like the Q's here.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• questioning whats going on is fine but, the point that it gets on here is CRAZY....why can't we discuss the big issues? why is it that you pick apart every little thing? it doesn't do anything! It doesn't help change it? whats the point?
    Anonymous

• Sorry OP but you don't know what means to debate issues in normal way without calling other side names and bringing up former President. I have not seen anything intellectual posted by YOU!

Anonymous

• hmm and no answer for how it would be paid for imagine that...whos surprised?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2009