hepatitis b!!!!!!!!!

i just found out my best friend has it...... i beleive i drank after her just recently only by accident we had never shared anything but know iam scared what are the probablities i contracted it from her.. plus i have a newborn..i just want to get informed about what measures i can take for safety..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hepatitis B is spread through blood mainly (other body fluids too, but I don't think you have been sharing those with your friend)
    You can't get it through saliva or by touching or anything like that.
    She is safe to be around and she is safe to hold and touch your baby with no worries.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Hep B is transmitted through blood, semen, vaginal secretions etc. I don't think you can get it from drinking after someone. You can call your doctor to ask, but I think you're safe :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• hep b is spreaded through shared needles and blood, I dont know about saliva. look hep b up on the internet and see what you can find. I also would talk to a doctor as well
    Anonymous

• oh and you can get it from having sex with an infected person.
    Anonymous

• There is accute Hep B and chronic Hep B. Find out which she has. There are alot of people with it that have no symptoms/ill feelings. You're safe by sipping out of her cup. Has your baby been vaxed for it yet? Apparently they do this now at birth, followed by boosters later on. My kids didn't get the vax until high school (rough contact sports....chance of blood contact).
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2009