did you have flu like symptoms before labor? have you heard of having these symptoms before labor?

i just feel like crap.....have read that it could be an onset of labor????? let me know......anything

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh, sure! I think more than feeling feverish or coughing or whatever, moms-to-be will feel tired and "out of it." It's like that fog you get when you have a cold, there is a space between you & the rest of the world, hard to explain, maybe!
    What are you noticing?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Nausea and diarrhea can be signs of the onset of labor too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• yup! with #2 and #3 I was miserable....totally flu like symptons. throwing up and diarrea.. blech.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I didn't have flu like symptoms, but I was very irritable, in a lot of pain, and very very tired. I had been having contractions for at least a month before my son was born, but the last two weeks, they were bad.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah, I went to the hospital Friday thinking I had a terrible case of the swine flu and that my son was surely being harmed, turned out I was in early labor. They sent me home and told me to come back if my water broke or I had contractions 5-7 minutes apart for 2 hours...4 hours later everything stopped and I felt fine...I'm still waiting to have the baby!
    jdouglas111

Answer by jdouglas111 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009