10 month old sleep question

Help! I'm sure this has been asked a million times...BUT my daughter is 10 months old. Every night we do the same night routine then I rock her to sleep with no problem. She slept through the night for about a month but now she is waking up in the middle of the night and won't go back to sleep. I eventually end up bringing her into bed with me and my husband. We don't sleep well because she is a mover while she sleeps. All of our friends are telling us to just let her cry.... What do you guys think we should do? Any tips on getting her to sleep through the night again? Thanks!

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son sleeps with us still. I can't do the cry it out method b/c we all sleep in the same room. I hate letting him cry ever and he will be 1 soon. I think when we have a room for him it will be easier to train him to stay in his bed. It's a hard decision but people are right when they say if you rock them they will want it always. My hubby holds my son on his chest and they fall asleep together. My son will wake up sometimes and wanna be awake at 12am...it's so hard to change now.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Sleep patterns do change constantly in year one. What works will change night to night!

What worked here? I stopped worrying about how he slept. If he woke, I dealt with it. If he slept, I slept. When I got out of trying to get him to sleep by letting him cry or trying to feed him more before bed or lavendar baths or what-have--you...he started sleeping better. Never dusk to dawn...at ten years old he still doesn't do that. But five hours IS sleeping through and he was able to go back to sleep on his own. That's more than good enough for me.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2009