American Girls - what happened to Samantha and Nellie!?

What the heck? That was the one I used to have...why'd they can her for the Jewish Russian girl 10 years later!?

Jeiao

Asked by Jeiao at 2:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dunno who Nellie is...but Samantha is gone?! she was always my favorite..she lived in the time i wanted to live in. they were all really great tho.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Nellie was the BFF...I just looked at the Kirsten doll too, and they're gonna can her. :( What a way to create a collectible...I wonder if their sales just aren't what the other girls are? I'd guess that Molly and her BFF would be dropped next, but I think they do better than the others...those 3 were the originals, then Felicity, then Addie...crazy.
    Jeiao

Answer by Jeiao at 2:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I love Kristen! What the heck? And The got rid of Samantha & Nellie?? Did you notice that the got rid of all the historical childrens clothes too? I'm pissed! I finally have a girl to play dress up with and it's all gone!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/static/kirstendoll.jsf/title/Kirsten/saleGroupId/0/uniqueId/23/nodeId/11/webMenuId/5/LeftMenu/TRUE

I think they are all still there. The company changed names a few years ago. Seems like they got bought, but I can't remember by whom.
    Anonymous

• O.O WTF. WHAT. ZEE. PHOOOOOK.

Addie was always my favorite, I have her doll somewhere. My mom thought it was weird that we're white and of ALL the dolls, I picked the black one. I've told her time and time again that I was simply showing her my open-minded racial tolerance at the tender age of 8 =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Oh wait, I went to the website and poked around a a bit. Those two new dolls are...weird. Anyway, Samantha was apparently "archived" this year. Maybe she wasn't selling as well as the others, or they thought there were too many dolls in all. I think you might be able to buy her and her friend Nellie. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the site, there will be a link to "American Girl Archives." You can read about Samantha there.

So basically, they killed her off and forgot about her. My best friend has a Samantha doll. She should sell it for a KILLING on eBay!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• http://www.americangirl.com/corp/pr.php?y=2008&date=1013

blame Mattel
    Anonymous

• Hell I love them all! I was so happy when they introduced Josephine! Finally a Mexican girl! Whoot!! =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009