Solids

I have a 5 month old son, Ive been trying to feed him solids, tried every food and oatmeal and rice. He always spits it out, or it slides out. So do you think hes not ready? Also he has a really sharp tooth on his gums, does that mean hes cut a tooth? I am a first time mom, just kinda blonde lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The tooth means he is teething. And he may not be quite ready to start solids quite yet. Give him about a week and try again.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It does sound like he's not ready. My son hates rice cereal and oatmeal though, as soon as I started giving him veggies he stopped spitting it out. So maybe try something else....they really dont have to start on cereal.
    Starfishsea

Answer by Starfishsea at 8:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2009