Oh No! could this be the end of naptime?

when did yours stop taking naps?
my daughter was 2 in july and recently it is a 50/50 chance she will nap

I am not ready or willing to give her naps up

isn't this too early? anything I can do to prolong this quiet time?

I am crossing my fingers that no one writes back that their toddler gave them up at this year

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• all three of mine quit napping (unless it was a really active day) at 18ish months.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no!
    hypermamaz, that is not a good answer=lol
    three stopped at 18 months, is that why you are hyper=lol
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Mine usually stopped about 3 years old. My oldest dd, stopped at 5! I make a rule, if they don't want to nap then it's quiet time for at least 1 hour. They can lay in their bed and look at books or something quiet, but they can't get up. You need that break as much as they do.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• lol....must be daddy's ADD. I still haven't figured it out. lol

but we have a quiet hour too in our house (older 2 are in school all day now so its just youngest and I). usually between 1-2
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My oldest would have quit napping at birth if I had let him. He is still a terrible sleeper, but at nearly 12, he can take care of himself if he gets up way early or if I want to rest. My middle child napped at home every day until she went to kindergarten, but rarely slept at preschool. DS2 is shaping up to be the same as his sister. I insist that he at least lay down with a book for an hour. He usually falls asleep w/in 15 minutes. Just make sure that your toddler has an active day and has a rest/quiet time and that it is not negotiable.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i nanny two children one is two and takes7 2 hour naps a week and usually has one day where she will either take a 4 hour nap or two two hour naps. The 4 year old doesnt nap but when he doesnt go to preschool we have quite time while his sister naps. he lays on the couch and watches a movie and I usually clean or read or something. Honestly I really dont enjoy nap time. After an hour or so of cleaning I find myself running out of things to do and a little on the bored side.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• my daughter completly stopped at 18 months..i liked it that way tho..especially with me going back to work i wanted to have as much time with her as i could..so it worked good for us :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• let them run around... they will nap. or if no nap than that means they sleep all night! ((((((good)))))
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2009