I have a 6 week old baby andshe has her days and nights mixed up how do I get her to know hwen to sleep during the night and not only in the day time im a first time mom so please help me

ok this is what i try to do every night . i give her a bath every other night around 11 pm and use the baby relaxing body wash abd i feed her every 3 to 4 hours. she eats from 2 to 5 ounces every time it depends how tired she is! and i use the drop in bottles she is very gassy and every time she eats she usually gets hiccups. what can i do to make her sleep at nights instead of days.i can use any advice. thank you and theres more questions

Tbaby61727

Asked by Tbaby61727 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try to keep her awake more during the day. keep it bright, talk to her, play with her. than at night keep it dark when you feed her. dont talk or move around too much. if she sleeps in the bed with you now would be a great time to move her next to your bed so she isnt woken by the smell or sound of you.
    good luck!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• ive always givin my baby a bath every night i just dont use wash every time.try giving her bath a little earlier mabe an hour or 2 befor she goes to bed.also try pushing her legs up on her belly(this will help relif any gas) where do u put her to sleep during the day?if u have to try cuting some of her naps short,like her last nap of the day
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• try putting her to bed a little earlier, keep the evening time really quiet and the lights low. sing & speak softly to her while you're getting her ready for bed.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• gas drops can help too
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Sunshine, daylight and movement! Get out, get moving, get some fresh air during the day. Babies take a while to adjust no matter what, but I always felt like getting out was the best remedy. I know you are wiped out and maybe want to stay in, but fight the urge to stay home and get moving. Good luck and she will adjust and you will too. You are doing fine Momma, we have all been there-done that!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I dont know if this is an urban legend but I have heard to turn them upside down and flip them. gently of course.

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would wake her up every 3 hours to feed her and keep her up at least 45 min. before you let her fall asleep for a nap. Then after your last feeding, let her sleep as long as she wants. When she gets up at night, just feed and change her in low light and lay her right back down. If she cries for you attention, let her fuss for a little while and if you do go to comfort her, only soothe her back to sleep, don't play with her.

www.findsforfamilies.com
    mel011683

Answer by mel011683 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• FLIP HIM!!! I know it sound strange. My mom is rel into home remedies and old wives tales. She made my baby do a somersault and now he sleeps fine! I freaked when she ttold me what she did but it worked. She held his head for support and kinda just tumbled him over slowly. Try it and let me know if it works for u.
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Flipping them does work! Be careful, flip her gently. My old boss told me she did this with one or two of her kids (she had five) and with her niece. It worked for all three so DH did it with DS and it did work! I don't know what in the world flipping them causes that fixes the mix-up but it did work!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 5:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think the flipping is a coincidence...did NOT work here. NOTHING worked here. They get this straightened out when THEY are ready. What YOU do only makes you feel like you're being pro-active.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2009