Craft ideas for my Young Toddler?

My daughter is 21 months old and I am looking for some fun craft ideas that she can do. Preferably something Christmasy so I could possibly give it as a gift to the grandparents. Any idea?

JCoello

Asked by JCoello at 2:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• someone in one of my groups did a craft project with $2 walmart birdhouses for Halloween. you coudl get xmas themed stuff, glitter, paints, etc. and let your daughter decorate the birdhouse.
    or make colored salt dough, shape it into a flat pancake that she can put her handprint on and let it dry.
    you could also get a craft paper roll and let her decorate an large section of it with crayons, finger paints, whatever, and use it as gift wrap.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Buy plain t-shirts from Walmart or Target and have them decorate them for Grandparents. You could do handprints of just let her go crazy with the fabric paints. Grandma and Grandpa would be proud to wear them!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 5:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• You can buy plain picture frames for $1 at most craft stores. Have your little one paint them and include a photo to make a nice gift.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Make dough ornaments. Roll out salt dough, cut it with Christmas cookie cutters, poke a hanging hole in it, and let it dry. Let her decorate with paint and glitter. Put a loop of string or an ornament hanger through it,
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Thank you for all the ideas! I have plenty of time to try them before christmas comes!
    JCoello

Answer by JCoello at 10:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You could try www.looledo.com, there are lots of fun projects, a few are toddler level. All of the projects have a video teacheing you how to do it, its all free. You should be able to get some ideas at the very least! www.looledo.com
    Anonymous