How many people do you have to buy for each year at Christmas?

I am thinking of only buying for my parents, the kids and dh this year. Normally, I have my 2 brothers, 2 sisters + their spouses. I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews. Then my aunt and uncle and my two cousins. There are MANY more of us, but this particular group is who celebrates together every year. We live all around. It's a lot to buy for 15 people and also my own family. I think this year I will only buy for the kids and my parents . . . Leila and dh of course too. It's just too expensive and nerve wracking trying to buy gifts everyone will actually like/use.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 18 people on my side of the family, and then i have 17 people on my inlaws side. hahaha so total comes to be 35? plus we always end up buying extras for unexpected guests or people who show up.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• 8 this year counting my child to be!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My family is so small. It consists of me, DH, SS. Plus, my mom, dad, brother, and grandma.. BUT then comes my DH family.. that is mom, dad, sister, sisters' boyfriend, aunt, uncle, two cousins, grandma.. So we only buy for this, plus I have one friend that I buy for and my DH buys for one person he works with. All in all, we keep it small for his side of the family outside of his mom and dad and we spend most of the money on my SS.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Sheesh . . . recounting, it's actually 17 people . . . I'm not even working. The last how many years, Christmas always costs close to $1000 . . . way too much.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• We don't even count everyone anymore. Everyone is so scattered we really only buy for our parents, sisters and grandparents and even that number is getting scaled down. I don't know what we'd even do anyway. Certain relatives expect at least $100 to be spent on them which didn't happen before our kids were born so it certainly won't happen now.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• mom, dad, granparents, son, cuz, 3 sets of aunts and uncles, 4 cousins, 10 cuz kids, and on the onther side of the fam we draw names so 1 cuz...ugh
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• this year is 13..my husband, my mom, my dad, my sister, my brother my nephew and my 7 children.
    stacy2607

Answer by stacy2607 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think there is so much pressure to buy! I'm just buyin for immeadiate family(kids,hubby,mom and dad)anyone else will get baked goods IF I feel like it. I stopped because none of those people on hubbys side even liked me anyway. More for my kiddos!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2009